Thursday 13 November 2014

1. Nobody Knows De Trouble I've Seen

This song was arranged by John Thompson (J.T.) himself, and it is a pretty easy song, I'd say. I mean, it's in 4/4 time and it's all crotchets and minims, with a few semibreves thrown in here and there... and yet for the life of me, I can't seem to play it right! It just never feels right in my fingers, and my timing's all screwed up. Now, I'm a person who prides myself on my innate sense of timing, so (ahem!) I think I'm just gonna blame a huge chunk of this problem on those arpeggios sprinkled over the piece. (Two consecutive ones are pictured above.) I can never seem to get them perfect the first time. Every time I play them, I have to practice them once or twice before they sound right. What's the answer... finger drills you say?  No argument there. I'm working on those, too...

No comments: